FAQ's


These are schemes set up by employers. They are trust based with the trustees taking responsibility for decisions within the pension fund on the Member’s behalf.

All charges are disclosed in the Application Pack and the Scheme handbook.

There is no initial transfer charge. The annual Scheme management charge is 0.75%.

There may also be transaction costs incurred when the Investment Manager buys and/or sells investments.

We would recommend that you speak with a financial adviser before making any decisions. The following website will assist you searching for one: www.unbiased.co.uk.

Upon joining the Scheme you will receive an information pack that will include confirmation of your acceptance to join the Scheme as a well as contact details. You will also receive annual statements giving you up to date information on the value of your funds and a projection of what your fund might be worth in pension terms at retirement.

The current retirement age for the Scheme is 70. However, please see the notes below on the changes in UK pension regulations.

Yes. Please contact the Administrator if such circumstances arise.

No, although you should consider your investment in the Scheme as a long term investment. The Trustee would prefer Members to remain invested in the Scheme for a minimum of five years to allow the Investment Manager to build a diversified investment portfolio for all Members.

You no longer have to buy an annuity with your pension funds. In fact, all restrictions on your pension pot have been removed and you will have more freedom over how you withdraw your money. Under the new rules you will be able to access your entire pension after the age of 55. 25% of your money can be withdrawn free of any income tax. The remaining 75% of your money will be subject to income tax at your highest marginal rate. You can withdraw it all at once or in stages. Once you have withdrawn your money, you can spend or invest it in any way you see fit. However we recommend you take financial advice from an independent financial adviser.

UK employers have to automatically enrol their staff into a workplace pension if they meet certain criteria. The law on workplace pensions has now changed and every employer must comply.

The Scheme includes a number of risk factors as set out in the Scheme Brochure; please do read that document in its entirety. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you do consult an independent financial adviser.

The Scheme provides you with a tax-efficient way to save for your retirement. Recent Government initiatives have removed many restrictions on your pension pot and you will soon have total freedom over how you withdraw your money.

The Scheme provides you with a tax-efficient way to save for your retirement. Recent Government initiatives have removed many restrictions on your pension pot and you will soon have total freedom over how you withdraw your money.

The Trustee has set the investment policy for the Scheme as set out in the Statement of Investment Policy. The Trustee has appointed Gallium Fund Solutions Limited to act as the Investment Manager to the Scheme. The Investment Manager is responsible for all the investment decisions and for managing those investments during the life of the Scheme.

The Scheme offers its members a balanced investment strategy. The majority of the funds are invested in listed investment schemes or products. The remainder of the funds are invested in alternative investment schemes and products, to provide diversification and access to potentially higher returning investment opportunities.

The Scheme aims to achieve on average an annualised return for its membership of 5% after running costs, fees and expenses.

Gallium Fund Solutions Limited
Gallium House
Unit 2, Station Court
Borough Green
Sevenoaks
Kent  TN15 8AD

01732 882 642
vedius@gallium.co.uk